R&D Manager Chemicals and Oxides division
As R&D Manager, You will be the cornerstone of Rare Earth metals at Neo Performance Materials Silmet. The sky is the limit for innovation in this truly unique position where growth comes organically because of market demand – an excellent opportunity for cooperation on a global level with different stakeholders.
The key to success is a solid managerial ability combined with extractive metallurgical knowledge. As a person, it is crucial to be a team player and work in a matrix environment.
Flexible business hours
Why join with NPM Silmet?
- Competitive compensation package.
- They have world-class laboratory equipment and unique knowledge about the production of Rare Earth and Rare Metals.
- You can travel around the world and get to know the factories and procedures inside the NPM.
- They support strong international cooperation and the possibility to grow inside the company.
- For them, success is a journey, not a destination.
Your key activities
- Directs and implements Sillamäe Chemicals and Oxides research and development policies, objectives, and initiatives.
- Responsible for Sillamäe R&D budget and allocation of resources and is responsible for Sillamäe C&O R&D budget management.
- Provides leadership of the C&O R&D functions and is responsible for scientific coherence across C&O initiatives at the Sillamäe site.
- Ensures Sillamäe’s analytical capabilities reflect the needs of research projects, production, and QC/QA team.
- Effectively interacts with production teams to troubleshoot existing processes & provide solution recommendations to production teams.
- Effectively transfers new processes to production teams and assists in the development of SOP’s for these processes. Audit transferred the process to confirm SOP’s are followed with assistance from the QC department.
What helps you to succeed
- People and project management experience in an industrial/commercial environment.
- Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Evident and systematic thinking that demonstrates strong judgment and problem-solving competencies.
- Excellent communication skills in multicultural, multilingual(Russian and English) environments.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of chemical engineering and extractive metallurgy.
- Experience with flowsheet development and implementation.
- Strong working knowledge of metal recovery from complex feeds via technologies such as hydrometallurgy and pyrometallurgy.
In 2018 NPM Silmet was in the top 3 most successful manufacturing companies in Estonia.